Dies des del Referèndum de l'u d'octubre de 2017

Fes una piulada

Cercar en aquest blog

StatCounter

5/07/2013

To Andrew Morton OD

"On First Looking into Chapman's Homer" 
John Keats (1795-1821), written in October 1816

Much have I travell'd in the realms of gold, 
And many goodly states and kingdoms seen; 
Round many western islands have I been 
Which bards in fealty to Apollo hold. 
Oft of one wide expanse had I been told 
That deep-browed Homer ruled as his demesne; 
Yet did I never breathe its pure serene 
Till I heard Chapman speak out loud and bold: 
Then felt I like some watcher of the skies 
When a new planet swims into his ken; 
Or like stout Cortez when with eagle eyes 
He star'd at the Pacific - and all his men 
Look'd at each other with a wild surmise - 
Silent, upon a peak in Darien.




Macbeth 
Act I Scene 1: An open place
William Shakespeare

Witch #1:
     When shall we three meet again,
     In thunder, lightning or in rain?

Witch #2:
    When the hurlyburly's done,
     When the battle's lost and won.

Witch #3:
     That will be ere the set of sun.

Witch #1:
     Where the place?

Witch #2:
     Upon the heath.

Witch #3:
     There to meet with Macbeth.

Witch #1:
     I come, Graymalkin!

Witch #2 or all witches:
     Paddock calls.

Witch #3 or all witches:
     Anon!

All witches:
     Fair is foul and foul is fair:
     Hover through the fog and filthy air.

Baròmetre de l'ús del català a Internet